Dental emergencies can happen at any time. If you have a tooth that cracks, breaks, falls out, or suffers major trauma, it’s important that you get a professional to see it immediately.
Robert M. Davis DDS & Associates take all walk-in dental emergencies during our regular operating hours, which include Saturday. If you want to let us know you are coming in, feel free to call us at our Raytown Dentist Office (816) 358-0800 or at our Pleasant Hill Dentist Office (816) 540-3110.
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
In the event of a dental emergency, it’s important to get yourself in front of a dentist as soon as possible. But everything you do leading up to the dental appointment is equally important. There is a lot of advice about what to do in these situations, but not all of it is correct, so be sure to get your information from a reliable source, like this dentist’s website.
Things you should do in a dental emergency:
- If your tooth is knocked out, try to keep it in its socket until you can see a dentist.
- If you can’t keep the tooth in its socket, hold it under your tongue until you can see a dentist.
- If the tooth fell out, rinse it off before putting it back in your mouth.
- If you were struck in the mouth, apply an icepack to the affected area to keep the swelling down.
- If you are cut and bleeding, clean the area with a wet cloth and apply pressure to the wound.
- DO NOT store a broken tooth fragment in a glass of milk.
- DO NOT wait to go to a dentist.
If your dental emergency occurs outside of our practice hours, you may need to find a 24-hour dentist to go to instead. However, we are happy to help you during the time we are in the office, and do everything we can to ensure emergency patients receive same-day treatment. According to the American Dental Association, the majority of dental related emergency room visits lack urgency and can be treated in a dentists office. Our three locations in Sedalia, Raytown, and Pleasant Hill make us a convenient option for residents of those areas.
To schedule an appointment with Robert M. Davis DDS & Associates, contact us through this website or call us at our Raytown Dentist Office (816) 358-0800 or at our Pleasant Hill Dentist Office (816) 540-3110.